Post-Covid Appointment Instructions
On behalf of the team of Amesbury Dental Care, I would like to thank all of our patients for your support during this pandemic. As a team, we have tried to provide as much reaaurance and comfort as possible through the telephone triage system we had in place.
According to guidelines, we are now allowed to resume face-to-face consultations from the 8th of June 2020. We are not performing any aerosol generalting treatments yet and hence all hygiene appointments will commence in July when the R factor is lower.
We have a list of patients that contacted us during the last 2 months with pain or discomfort. Our first priority is seeing those patients and provididng them with the much needed treatment.
All routine examinations will begin in July.
We are working in the following way to reduce foot flow and enable us to mainatin social distancing to keep you safe. In preparation for your appointment, we have produced some information to guide you through the process of coming to our practice. This is to keep yourself and our team safe as we start to open.
1. One dentist will be working in the premises at one time with only essential team members present.
We will only be able to carry out treatments which have been prebooked, with only certain treatments available at the moment.
2. A closed door policy will be in place and appointments will be staggered, leaving enough time for disinfection between patients.
Please stay in your car and come to the practice at your appointment time and knock to be let in. Only the patient who has an appointment will be allowed into the dental practice.
3. You will be given a pre-appointment pack on arrival, which will ask for your medical history to be filled in. Please update and add any medications you may be taking, then sign in the area where needed.
We are also still asking patients not to come into the practice if they have a cough/ cold or symptoms of COVID 19. If you have also had any contact with someone with COVID 19 we will request you not to come into the practice for any treatment and plase call the practice on 01980 623004 and we will reschudule your appointment.
4. On entering the surgery, please disinfectant your hands with the alcohol gel on the reception desk and take a seat in the
waiting room chair. A pair of gloves will be available which you will need to wear throughout the appointment to prevent cross contamination when signing documents.
5. The dentist will call you in when ready.
6. In the surgery, the dentist and nurse will have PPE on which may limit the level of conversation they can have with you. We
hope you understand this is for your safety as well as ours.
7. On leaving the surgery, you may approach the reception desk. Payment will only be accepted by card, and please minimise time
spent in reception area. As we are trying to minimise number of patients in the waiting room, we will only be able to allow another patient into the practice once you have left.
8. Please disinfect your hands before leaving and dispose your gloves.
A useful guide to non urgent dental problems during the Covid 0utbreak.